Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (IPER) provides everybody equal opportunity irrespective of caste, religion, language or based on gender. The college make sure that every individual inside the campus use equal rights and acquire in the process of offering or receiving education.
IPER has provided antidiscrimination cell with mobile numbers for dealing with discrimination according to University Grants Commission. Any victim can contact antidiscrimination celland immediate action will be taken.
Discrimination constitutes the following:
• A misconduct by any student or group of students whether by words spoken or written or by any action done for teasing, treating or handling with rudeness towards other student.
• Indulging the in-disciplined activities by any student or students which causes or likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension to other students.
• Asking the student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psychology.
• Any act by a senior student that prevents, or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
• Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
• Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
• Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, and stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
• Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student .
• Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or anystudent.
The Cell will look into matters to dispossess a student on a particular caste, religion, language, ethnicity, gender, disability or any type and matters of imposing conditions of any student which is incompatible with the dignity of human beings.
The Cell is constituted to safeguard the interest of students without any partiality to their caste, creed, religion, language, ethnicity, gender, disability and to eliminate discrimination or harassment against of any student by providing preventive measures to facilitate for punishment for those who spoil in any form of discrimination to promote equality among the students.
The Committee will receive complaints from the affected students in terms of discrimination of caste, creed, religion, language, ethnicity, gender, disability and conduct a proper enquiry, and submit a detailed report to the undersigned for suitable action.
1. Keep an alert eye to avoid any of Discrimination incidences.
2. Walk around the campus to ensure that there is no such activity taking place.
3. Keep reminding students about the severe actions which could be taken against them ifthey are found involved or indulged in Discrimination.
4. Make students aware of their respective institution about the rules and regulations ofAnti- Discrimination.
5. Taking ownership in making the environment of the campus absolutely free from discrimination.
6. Actively participation in meeting of Anti-Discrimination Cell or as perthe scheduled informed to them from time to time.
7. Identify and keep in close observation of the sensitive places of the institute where suchincidents can take place.
8. For each Discrimination incident, the member person is supposed to prepare and submit acomplete report including their remarks about the incident for further action to the Headof Anti-Discrimination Cell.
9. If any such incident is reported to member or member himself/herself comes across suchincidents, he/she has to immediately try to get connected telephonically/face to face to thegroup of students found/reported to indulge in Discrimination.
10. The member person will immediately investigate about such incident and will take inwritten from the doer and the culprit.
11. The member person will also try to collect the information Oral and Written from thewitnesses and will put remarks of the witness in the report.
12. Simultaneously, the member person will immediately bring to the notice of Head of Anti-Discrimination Committee about such happening as first information and later on willsubmit an exhaustive report to the Heads for further process and action.
13. Since the gravity of the incident will be decided by the report which will get reflectedinto the decision of the degree of punishment for the defaulter, it is expected from theeach member person that they make/develop the report with utmost sincerity and care.
14. Each such report submitted to the Head of Anti-Discrimination Committee will be further investigated by their own resources in order to reach to a right judgment & appropriatedecision.
15. Each nominated member of the committee is expected to abide by the SOP.
• This cell will look after the related matters (if any) of depriving a student / staff or group of students on the basis of caste, creed, language, ethnicity, gender, different ability.
• This cell always tries to uphold the dignity of the institution by addressing the concernsbrought into the notice related to equality in offering or receiving education inside the campus.
• This cell ensures conducive environment for academic growth of the people belonging to the institute.
• This cell protects the rights of individuals without any prejudice to their appearance or lifestyle in the process of learning inside the campus.
• The cell shall eliminate discrimination against or harassment of any individual in all forms by prohibiting it and by providing preventive and protective measures to facilitate its eradication and punishments for those who indulge in any form of discrimination or harassment.
In compliance of the UGC’s directives for prevention of caste based discrimination in Educational Institutions, a committee is constituted to look into the complaints of any act of discrimination against SC/ST students/teachers/non-teaching staff.
IPER has constituted the Anti-Discrimination Cell in compliance to the UGC regulations (Promotion of Equity in Higher Educational Institutions), with the following members:
All the students and staff members are here by informed that following “Antidiscrimination Cell” (SC / ST Cell) is constituted in institute for academic year 2022-23.
|Sr. No.||Name of Member||Designation||Mobile No.||E. mail Id|
|1.||Dr. R. O. Ganjiwale||Chairpersonemail@example.com|
|2||Ms. J. S. Wankhede||Member secretary
|3||Ms. S. P. Gautam||Member||8459630860||Sg_sadhna@rediffmail.com|
|4||Mr. N. J. Sontakke||Member
|5||Ms. A. A. Karlekar||Member
|6||Ms. Minal G. Sayam||Student firstname.lastname@example.org|
|7||Mr. Suyash B. Fulmali||Student representative||9975697831||Suyashfulmali2108@gmail.com|